Friday 6 May 2016

6 Reasons Why Aaliyah Was The Baddest B*tch In The Game.

Hey Y'all so as you can probably tell today we're switching it up a little.

So as some of may know I am a huge fan of the legend they call Miss Aaliyah Dana Haughton.



But some of you may not be entirely familiar with her work, so I've compiled a list of why Aaliyah was the hottest chick in the game until her untimely death in 2001.


 1. LOOK AT HER.


In my opinion, Aaliyah is the literal definition of beauty. Exhibit A.

 2. HAVE YOU HEARD TRY AGAIN?!


Try Again, the first song in musical history to make it to number one on airplay alone. When will your fave?

 3. HER WORK WITH TIMB AND MISSY




Aaliyah's work with Miss Elliot and Timbaland is absolutely timeless and honestly I think was farrrrrr ahead of its time. I believe that quite a few of the bangers that they released together could actually be rereleased and do quite well even in this era. Now obviously as ya girl is a fashion and beauty blogger first and foremost, it would be a cardinal sin for me not to show you some looks from the ICONIC 'we need a resolution video' which is my favourite song by the awesome trio, after 'More Than A Woman' which is just an untouchable bop. Look at that slay y'all.


 4. SHE GRADUATED HIGHSCHOOL WITH A 4.0 GPA 
 AND 2 PLATINUM ALBUMS



No shade but some of your faves didn't even graduate highschool. Baby Girl managed to graduate with a perfect GPA... AND 2 PLATINUM ALBUMS ONTOP! (AANBAN & OIAM). once again... when will your fave?


 5. HER NAME IS SOMETHING SHE LIVED UP TO

The name Aaliyah is derived from Arabic and means, " The Highest, Most Exhalted one. The Best" which, let's face it. she clearly was. NEXT.

 6. LOOK AT HER!



I could literally sit here and write all the reasons that this goddess slayed every other lass in the game but I think if you're interested look into the classics Aaliyah created, Look at her work and the type of person she was, and honestly, it all speaks for itself. 


I'm currently writing this whilst listening to her self-titled Red Album so I'm all up in my feels right now because this is just a phenomenal body of work.

I'm gonna sign off now before I get too deep into my feelings now, Thanks for reading and I'll catch you on the flip side homies!

Mollz,

MY SOCIAL LINKS
Blog: http://www.poppedamollyx.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Megamollz
Instagram: https://instagram.com/poppedamolly_x/
Tumblr: di-chrome.tumblr.com // megamollz.tumblr.com
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/Poppedamolly_x
Snapchat: Megamollz

No comments:

Post a Comment